Please find below answers to frequently asked questions. This area will be updated frequently.
1. Can you add “xyz” as a new functionality?
We’re happy to accept suggestions on how to improve recipeShelf, but can not promise the enhancement to be available in a specific version, or at all.
2. How do I prevent data loss in case of a desaster?
Although the final version will, the beta version does not provide a full backup & restore mechanism – please consult your web hosting provider / database admin panel for complete table backups.
Alternatively and for the time being, you can use the Import / Export feature to locally store a backup of your recipes. recipe sharing facility and does not include ‘Cooked for..’ & ‘References…’ data.
3. I don’t have my own web server or domain?
Unfortunately recipeShelf does require a web-server to run on, however, depending on your technical skills, you could setup a local web-server on your laptop/desktop computer and run recipeShelf locally.
Alternatively you can also try to find free web space provider who will host the application – some of the users are in fact using recipeShelf this way, without any troubles.
4. Can you host an installation for me on your domain?
We are currently not planning on providing hosting services.
5. How do I add additional users?
The app per se is meant to be a single user web application, it’s all about managing *your* recipes. The final version will come with a feature to create GUEST accounts with read-only capabilities.
6. When using the iPhone application, scrolling to the top I see the URL bar!?
To allow recipeShelf to use all of the iPhone screen, make sure you follow the Usage/Installation steps as outlined in the Usage Guide.
7. I’ve been searching the iTunes store but can’t find the iPhone app!?
The iPhone part of recipeShelf doesn’t come in form of a native “iTunes iPhone app”, but will run on the same server as your recipeShelf installation. See the demo here
8. How can I get recipeShelf in my own language?
If your language is not supported (see ____LANGUAGE-SUPPORT.txt in the ZIP file), you can translate recipeShelf yourself – if you like :-)
9. My recipe TAGS aren’t showing !?
That’s a known issue in v0.91 beta and will be fixed in v0.92.
10. Can I add a title to ingredients / group ingredients ?
Not directly, but there’s a workaround: simply add a new ingredient and only use the ‘amount‘ field to group your ingredients.
11. I think I found a bug / error !?
We tried our best to make the application error free, but please do let us know in case you stumble upon unexpected application behavior!