I followed the FAQ instructions to upgrade my version of cforms:
- Make a database backup (this is always a good thing to do!)
- Keep a copy of your old cforms plugin folder
- Deactivate cforms
- Upload the new version
- Reactivate it
However, upon uploading the new version, I get this error message:
Unpacking the package…
Installing the plugin…
Destination folder already exists. /home/tender/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cforms/
Plugin install failed.
From the FAQs,
- before upgrading, make backups of your DB and cforms settings (->Global-Setings)
- deactivate the plugin
- Keep a backup of the old plugin folder (/cforms/)
- (re)move the cforms plugin dir from your WP /plugins/ folder
- upload the new cforms plugin folder (/cforms/)
- activate cforms.
It seems you are skipping the #4 above. To (manually) delete cforms folder (/home/tender/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cforms/ in your case) you may need an FTP access to your server though.
I'm confused. If I delete this folder, I will lose the forms that I already have on my site?
Most Users Ever Online: 959
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 3741
Newest Members: juredujmovic, dreamkeeper, rajattyagi, wrokaa, lukass
Moderators: Paul (421), cnymike (8), sonika (95)
Administrators: Oliver (6400), Nicky (3)