Please replace the ??? with your data!
- Your URL: http://wordpress.jazzgallery.cz/vzkazy/
- The browser used: IE7
- cforms version: 7.2
- Your Wordpress version: 2.3.1
[desc]: Hi, I have enabled the database tracking for messages sent by cforms on my site and now I would like to insert list of the messages under the comment form.
Is this possible somehow?
Please note I would like to avoid of using the wordpress commenting integration for the "contact" page. Why…?
- if I disable WP comments for this page, I can not comment
- if I enable WP comments, the WP comments form appears under my cforms form
- I do not want to replace WP comments by cforms – I only want to use cforms on my "contact" page.
All I need is simply table with list of previous messages containing author, time and text. While all these is now stored in database, it should work somehow, but I have no idea how to do that.
Please advice if you can.
March 6, 2005
It's in fact quite easy, here is what I suggest (it will require some general WP knowledge & PHP/SQL skills):
- Either create a dedicated page template for your contact page or alternatively "make some room" in your general page.php template for a conditional "feedback list"
- The "feedback list" is essentially a loop that shows all form submissions and fields.
- The loop and the MySQL statement necessary to retrieve all data from the cforms tracking tables you'll find in cforms-database.php, little tweaking will be necessary.
The "feedback list" thus consist of a SQL call, a FOR loop, and small echo statement to print the data.
Most Users Ever Online: 959
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 3757
Newest Members: juredujmovic, dreamkeeper, rajattyagi, wrokaa, lukass
Moderators: Paul (421), cnymike (8), sonika (95)
Administrators: Oliver (6400), Nicky (3)