- Your URL: http://www.pascallanguillon.com/vplptest
- The browser used: Firefox
- cforms version: 6.41
- Your Wordpress version: 2.3
Hi, thanks for the awesome plugin.
I'm trying to get my form to send the admin email message (to field or bcc field) to an email associated with the post the form appears on. The same form is used on mutliple posts. I used the custom fields in the post editor to give a key and a value (the email) to each post. Is there a way to call a custom fields value in the form in order to get it to send the email to the custom field email as well?
Right now, i have managed to get the custom value to appear in the hidden fieldset in the form (http://www.pascallanguillon.com/vplptest/france-ec…..le-quercy/)
and this shows up:<input id="propemail" type="hidden" value="firstname.lastname@example.org" name="propemail"/>
Any idea how i then call it in the bcc form.
Or, do you have another suggestion on how to go about doing this?
Thanks so much in advance for your time.
March 6, 2005
Currently custom fields are not fully supported outside of what you have achieved already. More support for hidden input fields together with custom fields is on the roadmap. The next release will not have it, but it's at the top of the to-do list.
Anway, a much more elegant way is to just use the cforms WP-Comment feature, you can use it…
- as a replacement for your standard comment form and allow the user to alternatively send the note as a direct email (vs. actual post comment)
- you can style the cforms form to just look like the orig. comment form, but with all the security features :-)
- or configure this feature to not give the user the option (hiding the radio button) and default to email.
- you would still keep your actual comment form
- offer this (restricted) "cforms WP-Comment form" on-top
Check out the Help page for more info.
Most Users Ever Online: 959
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 3741
Newest Members: juredujmovic, dreamkeeper, rajattyagi, wrokaa, lukass
Moderators: Paul (421), cnymike (8), sonika (95)
Administrators: Oliver (6400), Nicky (3)